Saturday, August 27, 2011

Has it really only been two years?


I have been on vacation all this past week. Two years ago I was on vacation this same week in August. When I look back now, I realize that week two years ago was a gift from God because I spent it with my Daddy, and neither of us knew it was going to be his last week on earth. But God did. And I got to be with him all day, every day, all that week, and I was right there with him holding his hand as he took his last breath on earth and his first breath in heaven.

The last two years have seemed more like two centuries. I have to come to look at everything, everyone, differently, and to appreciate just how sweet life really is.

If there has ever been a person on this earth who truly loved life and appreciated it as a sweet gift from above, it was my Daddy. I miss you, Daddy. But I know beyond the shadow of any doubt I'll see you again. So keep the coffee pot on for me, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment